Welcome to my article on software engineering! My name is Adam Lee and I am a Software Engineer.
In this article, I hope to share my knowledge and experience with you, covering a wide range of topics from software engineering principles to specific technologies such as C#, Ruby on Rails, and SQL. I’ll be providing tips, tutorials, and best practices for software development and application development, with the goal of helping others improve their skills and advance their careers in software engineering. So, whether you’re a beginner just starting out or a seasoned developer looking to expand your skills, I hope you’ll find something of value here. Thank you for joining me on this journey through software engineering.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a Minor in Mathematics from MSU Denver. Throughout my undergraduate degree, I had the opportunity to learn and work with various programming languages such as Java, and Ruby. But it was my web architecture class that introduced me to Ruby on Rails and sparked my interest in software engineering. The class not only taught me the technical aspects of Rails but also helped me understand the principles of software engineering, such as design patterns and best practices.
Professionally, I’ve had the opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies, including C#, .NET, SQL, Stored Procedures, Ruby, Rails, and PHP. This has provided me with a broad perspective on software development and allowed me to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different languages and frameworks.
Listed below are topics I’ve documented throughout my experience in the professional industry, most of the articles were referenced through documentation of the particular language:
- Abstract Classes: https://adamleestudio.com/software-engineering-abstract-classes/
- Interfaces: https://adamleestudio.com/software-engineering-interfaces/
- Constructors: https://adamleestudio.com/software-engineering-constructors/
- SQL Subqueries vs Joins: https://adamleestudio.com/sql-subqueries-vs-joins/
- Dependency Injection: https://adamleestudio.com/dependency-injection/
- MVC (Model-View-Controller): https://adamleestudio.com/software-engineering-mvc-model-view-controller/
- Microservices: https://adamleestudio.com/software-engineering-microservices/
- Azure: https://adamleestudio.com/azure-experience-at-a-glance/
- Value vs Reference Types: https://adamleestudio.com/csharp-value-types-vs-reference-types/
- The power of var: https://adamleestudio.com/csharp-the-power-of-var/
- LINQ: https://adamleestudio.com/csharp-the-power-of-linq/
- Continue vs Break: https://adamleestudio.com/csharp-continue-vs-break/
- Nullable Types: https://adamleestudio.com/csharp-nullable-types/
Tools and Technology.
Listed Below are some Tools and Technologies that I found to be interesting in my career. These range from frameworks to libraries and services I found to help my productivity in the world of technology.
- .NET Documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/
- MDN Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/
- Laravel: https://laravel.com/
- Notion: https://www.notion.so/
- Visual Studio and VSCode: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/
- Ruby on Rails: https://rubyonrails.org/
- JetBrains Products: https://www.jetbrains.com/
- Postman: https://www.postman.com/